1.1. The Irish Wolfhound Club is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
1.2. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
1.3. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation [the GDPR], the data controller is The Irish Wolfhound Club.
1.4. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
2.1. The contact details for our Secretary for any data protection queries are as follows:
2.1.1. email firstname.lastname@example.org
2.1.2. telephone 07855 663697
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
4.1. We process personal data about members, judges, ring stewards and competitors/exhibitors to our events. The categories of person about whom we process personal data are described in more detail in the Annex to this Privacy Notice.
5.1. The General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights (subject to some exemptions):
5.1.1. The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
5.1.2. The right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you;
5.1.3. The right to request erasure of the personal data that we hold about you;
5.1.4. The right to request restriction of processing about you;
5.1.5. The right to object to processing; and
5.1.6. The right to data portability.
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
1. Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
2. Where it is needed in the public interest [or for official purposes].
6.1 We will generally process your personal data for contractual necessity in providing membership services and events. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so, where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by your own interests or fundamental rights or freedoms. This may include:
6.1.1. To maintain our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details and preferences:
6.1.2. To assist with queries, complaints and dispute resolution;
6.1.3. For communications related to membership and invitations to participate in canine market research or canine health studies:
6.1.4. To assist with upholding our club constitution and taking action in cases where there may be a breach of the Club rules or Codes of Ethics.
6.2 We will ask for your direct consent IF we intend to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Where our processing of personal data is based on your having given consent, you have the right as a data subject to withdraw that consent at any time. If you wish to invoke this right, please notify the Secretary using the contact details set out in Section 2 above.
6.3 You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Office of the Information Commissioner, full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
7.1. We may use service providers to help us provide you with our services. Personal data may be transferred to such service provider, who act for or on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed.
7.2. Such third parties have contracted with us as data processors under the requirements in the GDPR. They are contractually bound to only use personal data for the agreed purpose(s). Relevant persons working for these third parties will have access to your personal data under the terms of the data processor contract, but only to the extent necessary to perform their services for us.
7.4. In appropriate circumstances we may disclose data to authorised bodies as required by law.
9.1. Please contact the Secretary above if you have any questions or concerns about personal data and privacy matters.
• Name• Address• Email address• Telephone number
• Provision of membership services including administration and transactional communications relating to membership (Contractual Necessity)• Upholding the Club/Society Rules and Code of Ethics. ( Contractual Necessity)• Compliance with Kennel Club Rules and Regulations (Contractual Necessity)• Contacting you regarding newsletters, invitations and information about club events/meetings etc. (Legitimate Interests)• Publication in the members' handbook/yearbook or on the website (for committee members). (Consent)
• Name• Address• Email address• Telephone number
• Administration and transactional communications relating to judging appointments. (Contractual Necessity)• Upholding the Club/Society Rules and Code of Ethics. (Contractual Necessity)• Compliance with Kennel Club Rules and Regulations (including sharing relevant required information). (Contractual Necessity)• Publication in the Club/Society judges’ list and for appointments in the show/event schedules. (Legitimate Interests)
• Name• Address• Email address• Telephone number• Dog information
• Administration and transactional communications for exhibitors/competitors entering our events. (Contractual Necessity)• Provision of services relating to our events. (Contractual Necessity)• Upholding the Club/Society Rules and Code of Ethics. (Contractual Necessity)• Compliance with Kennel Club Rules and Regulations. (Contractual Necessity)• Contacting you regarding future events. (Legitimate Interests)• Publication of your name address and dog information in show/event catalogue [subject to the right to object] (Legitimate Interests)• Publication of event results on our website or [any other publications]. (Legitimate Interests)